Presell like a pro
The number one strategy to increase your affiliate sales is preselling.
Before we start, let’s talk about what preselling actually is. Preselling is both an art and a science. And it’s function is to prepare your reader to buy something. Then sending them to the product sales page to make the purchase. When done correctly, your reader will not even notice.
Basically, you give them some content. And then refer them to the product website. We’ll get into how to do it correctly in a minute. But before we do, you need to know why it’s so important. Here are a few benefits of preselling:
- Preselling creates trust – Once you have your readers’ trust, they will click your links more readily. Which obviously means you’ll make more sales.
- Preselling is disarming – When you’re not hyping or pitching a product, your reader lets their guard down. Unguarded reading means they’re not filtering what you say. And your intention is conveyed more easily.
- It puts them in a buying mood – Your readers are now receiving your message. And in turn, they’re open to other messages, as well. This includes the sales website you send them to! And being open to the information there means they are much more likely to buy.
- Your commissions go up – Now your reader arrives at the sales page in a buying mood. With a feeling of trust and openness. The only thing that can result is increased sales!
- Your customers are happier – People like to make their own buying decisions. Instead of being manipulated into buying. And this leads to greater satisfaction with the product.
- It boosts your profits – Happy customers ask for refunds much less often. Less refunds means more affiliate money stays in your pocket.
Obviously, it’s important to presell. You increase your profits. And produce happier customers. It’s a win-win-win!
How does it work?
Now you know whey preselling is critical. So, hopefully you’ve decided to start preselling. So, let’s talk about how to make it work. As I mentioned earlier, it’s both an art and a science.
The art of preselling
First, you have to gain the trust of your reader, so they let their guard down. This can only be accomplished by providing actual value in the information you’re presenting. Now, providing enough info to be useful, but still making them want more – that’s the art of it. That is, they have to be wanting more when you refer them to the product sales page for the product you’re trying to sell. And because you’ve gained trust, they’re more receptive to the sales message and more likely to buy.
The science component
There’s also a specific formula you need to follow.
First of all, it’s important HOW you present your information. You need to know where you’re going before you begin. In the end, you want to sell a specific product. You use the information to do this in one of two ways. One way is to give them enough info to whet the appetite, but not enough to satisfy it. Or you can give them so much information that it feels overwhelming to do what you’re talking about. Whichever method, you send them to a product website that solves the problem you just created.
But you can’t link to your affiliate link. You have directly to the home page of the product. When you do this, you’re click-throughs go way up. But, without your affiliate link, how do you get credit? Well, that’s part of the science of this whole process. You “pre-cookie” your reader before sending them to the sales page.
The next trick is to hyperlink specific words and phrases inside the content of the article you’re providing. It’s habitual to click on words and phrases that are hyperlinked. And when the words are in context like this, it makes perfect sense for your reader to click them.
Using this system, you’re virtually guaranteed to increase your affiliate business success.
This process is not easy – at all! Think about everything that goes into crafting an effective preselling article: Good content. First and foremost, you have to be able to write a great article that provides valuable information. This means you have to be able to write well, and have enough knowledge to be useful. Strategic writing. Yes, you must providing useful content. And you have to make the content accessible in order to provide value. And still leave them wanting more. Or make the information so overwhelming they realize they can’t do it on their own.
Picking products. Next, you’ve got to pick the right product to presell. Even if you get the article written. You’ve wasted all your effort if the product doesn’t sell well.
The technical know-how One of the keys to this system is using “covert cookies” for the tracking. This is actually pretty simple – just embed a 1 pixel X 1 pixel image and set your affiliate link as the “source” of the image. (But if you mess it up, your referrals won’t be tracked.)
Wrapping it up:
Now you know what it takes to be a Presell Pro. Preselling properly will boost your affiliate profits up to 500%! So, start now and develop preselling content for all your affiliate promotions. Don’t wait another minute. The effort it takes is well worth the benefits…